"Fabric Supplier, Texture, Organza, Synthetic, Dressmaking Fabrics"
On this page, we will learn the relationship between a fabric supplier, organza, texture, synthetic, and dressmaking fabrics.
Quick information about a FABRIC: it is a cloth, and may also be called textile. It is made of raw material called fiber, that undegoes a process of twisting into yarn and weaving into what we know as fabric.
pictures of fabrics:
Fabrics are manufactured in a mill by a miller or supplier, distributed to a jobber wholesaler and finaly to a retailer.
One of the most favorite fabric in dressmaking is Organza fabric. It is a very thin transparent, plain weave fabric traditionally made from silk. It is commonly used in making woman's formal cloting and wedding gown.
It has this texture, of very crisp, sheer flat, and smooth to lightweight but durable.
organza swatch picture:
Aside from natural fabrics, there are those that we call Synthetic fabric. They are textile made of synthetic fibers which is used primarily to make clothing. The first artificial fiber was artificial silk, then there was viscose, then finally rayon today.
synthetic fabric swatch:
Some DRESSMAKING fabric features and information
- Boucle - a textured twill or plain weave fabric made from looped yarns.
- Broodcloth - a pure cotton blended fine wooven fabric with some horizontal ribs design.
- Brocade - mostly made of decorative silk fabric and some are supplemented with gold and silver.
- Calico - is a printed cotton fabric, weave in a plain with motif.
- Cashmere - is a wool fabric that came from goat cashmere. They are warm and soft, perfect wear for cool weather plus luxury.
- Chantilly Lace - fabric is made in a floral design paterns embroidered with ribbon and thread background.
- Chiffon - an almost transparent fabric, soft and very light, used for women's gowns and loose oufit.
- Corduroy - a pure cotton or blend fabric with cut-pill weave, used for casual jeans and more.
- Crepe - a crimped and crinkled fabric made of silk used for luxurious dresses and gowns.
- Faille - is made of cotton, silk and synthetic fabric knit, shiny and soft.
- Gabardine - a worsted twill weave fabric that can be cotton, wool, rayon or nylon mostly used for making suits.
- Microfibers - a fine synthetic fabric with breathability, washability and water resistant, suitable for sports jackets and sofa covers.
- Satin - a very lustrious fabrics perfect for after dark wear.
- Spandex - is a synthetic fibre known to its exceptional elasticity.-
- Tafetta - is a crisp smooth, woven fabric with light sheen, made of various fibres, such as silk rayon, or nylon, and used especially for dressmaking garments.-
- Velvet - is a soft fabric, such as silk rayon, or nylon, having a smooth dense pile, and a plain underside. Also commonly used in dressmaking essembly.
We hope that this lesson about fabric, texture, supplier, organza, synthetic and dressmaking fabric will help you more becoming a dressmaker.
Learn more in the fabrics selections