"Natural Fabrics: Luxurious Styles and Comfort"
Natural fabrics are fibers that made from plants, such as cotton, linen, hemp, pineapple fibers (Jusi), bamboo fibers, abaca fibers for ropes and money paper fibers. Fur of animal fibers for wool and skin for leather goods. Gold ropes came from minerals fibers.
gfx of different kinds of natural fabrics.
Dressmaking industry has used natural fabrics widely in creating custom-made for special occasion gowns and dresses because of its beauty, luxury and class if you wish.
images of couture gowns and dresses.
- Organdy - a crisp and transparent fabric, great for outer shell combination style in dresses.
- Outing Flannel - a soft twill or plain fabric.
- Percale - light weight printed fabric.
- Oxford - lustrious, soft in basket or plain weave. Best for blouse and shirting.
- Pima - is an Egyptian excellent cotton, best for women's clothing.
- Pollished - satin or plain fabric, with a shinny finish.
- Poplin - crossrib fabric in plain weave.
- Seersucker - light weight crinkled into lenghtwise stripes fabric.
- Swiss - a very fine decorated fabric with dots and other designs.
- Terry cloth - looped pile woven or knitted water absorbent fabric for towels.
- Velveteen - is a pile resembling fabric.
Fabrics that came from plant fibers:
- Hemp - stem of a plant, process to dissolve the peptin organ.
- Ramie - similar to a linen, resistant to bacteria and molds.
- Jute - a plant fiber for sacks, ropes, and twine.
- Linen - made from a stalk of a plant called flax, a refined luxury fabric.
- Damack - a jacquard reversible weave in satin or plain fabric.
- Venice - very fine damack for table linen with large floral patterns.
- Butchers linen - heavy and sturdy fabric for apron.
- Jusi - a fabric that made from pineapple leaves fiber.
gfx of linen plant fabrics jusi barong.
Fabrics from Insects:
Fabrics from animals:
- Wool fabric - came from the fibers of animal coats, like alpaca, goats, llama, rabbits, and sheeps.
- Alpaca fleece - a silky and very fabric, with luster from the alpaca animal hair.
- Mohair - from the angora goat, a decorative fabric for tropical worsted.
- Angora wool - from rabbit hair, used for sweater, and baby clothes.
- Camel hair wool - used for overcoating, top coating,sports and hoisery.
- Vicuna - is the softest wool and most expensive wool, from the llama family.
sample of wool garments:
- Challis - lightweight wool, soft and plain weave printed with flowers.
- Gabardine - thightly woven wool for suiting fabric.
- Jersey - a knit fine wool for dresses and blouses.
- Merino wool fabric - very soft and luxurious resemblingcashmere, as the finest wool for suiting and dresses.
- Rabbit wool - substitute for vicuna, to give a soft effect into the fabric.
- Virgin wool - a wool that never been process into fabric.